Looking for a secondary school where creative learning meets CS?

Hello, co-creators! This is a shameless plug for an opportunity at the PreK-12 independent school where I work in the northwest suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. The passion and enthusiasm I have observed in this community make me hope to work more closely with you. We are expanding our Computer Science program and are inviting candidates to apply for a secondary-school position. We have an excellent colleague in the Senior School, but wish to increase our offerings and cannot do so with just one person in that division. The current openings, including the computer science teacher, are listed here. An overview of our school can be found here.

2 Likes

@tanjimaferdous Hi, Tanjima wondering if this was the opportunity you were interested in hearing more about from our chat ?

Hi Tanjima! Thank you for replying. Yes, I don’t know if I have communicated successfully with you about what our school is offering, but when you were talking about wanting to work with the other person in our chat from the Seattle area, my head was screaming, “YOU are exactly who I wish would come to work here with us in Pennsylvania!” I assume that you are deeply rooted in the Northwest of the US, but if that is not 100% correct, I do want you and your family to know about the opportunities here and would be glad to answer any questions.

Perhaps there are also other people attending LCL who would be interested in the CS position here.

We would be thrilled to have applicants who understand experiential learning and have the kind of knowledge and experience that you described.
Very best wishes,o
Julia

1 Like

Hi Julia!

This is very humbling and feels really great to be able to connect! So thank you so much for thinking about me! I used to be an Adjunct Faculty back when I was in Grad School teaching CS to non CS majors. And that required me to come up with creative idea to make the topics appealing to students who are not even majoring in it! I loved it, bonded greatly with my students and realized my knowledge improved by teaching!

I would love to explore if there is any opportunity to teach and learn creatively. However, due to several reasons my ability to contribute can only be voluntary in a remote setting at this moment. If there is anything I can do as a volunteer and remotely I would be delighted to surround myself back with teaching and learning environment!

Please let’s stay in touch :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Tanjima Ferdous
tanjima.ferdous@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanjima-ferdous/

1 Like

I wish you well Julia! I hope you find the professionals you are looking for!

Hello there Tanjima! Me and my CS teacher would love to connect with you to colaborate. Maybe there is something we can do together.

Have an awesome week!

1 Like

Hi Paola!

Glad to hear from you and would love to learn more about collaboration! Please let me know the best method to discuss more. My contact is below with my signature. Looking forward to hear more!

Kind regards,

Tanjima Ferdous
tanjima.ferdous@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanjima-ferdous/

2 Likes