Introduce Yourself

I am late to the course so keeping it short - I am a teacher from Berlin, I teach Maths and Physics to 12-16 year olds. Nice to be here with you and share!

2 Likes

not late at all, Nana : )
everyone’s always welcome to join in, whenever they like! :heart:

Hola!
Coordinado el espacio Makerspace llamado Na´ojilal que significa " Sabiduría para hacer el bien" de la Universidad del Valle de Guatemala, en su campus Altiplano Sololá.
Jeremías Morales.

1 Like

Hi! Ana from Universidad de San Andrés, Argentina. I’m Design Director in Executive Education :wave:t2:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m John and I’m writing from Palma Mallorca, and I’d like to use LCL and Scratch for my English and technology Classes. Well, in tecnology we’ve already started, but it’s time to do a STEM across-the-board approach to learning. I’m especially interested in gamifying my English classes, and looking forward to being able to participate!

4 Likes

Welcome to LCL, John!! There has been some debate about gamification here, you may want to check it out and add your views on the matter :game_die: :smile:

1 Like

Hi im Ade from Bali, Indonesia

1 Like

Hi!
I’m Maria, from Italy.
Nice to be here with you!
M.

1 Like

@JayElf can you shed more light on interactive learning?

1 Like

Hi, I am Vero from Mexico, I am a happy kindergarten teacher, I love to create with my children and with my colleagues, I have a group of teachers named Edukreativos, we love to make “creative fiestas”, and every year since 2009 we celebrate the Scratch Day Mexico, now Scratch Day Latam, with a lot of friends from diferent countries.
We enjoy to share activities, tips, events or anything, if these could help somebody to learn about how to be better teacher and better person.
I love to make friends all around the world.

5 Likes

I live and work in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am a librarian and I run a makerspace. Looking to connect and learn.

3 Likes

Yay! @Vero :hugs:

Hi @Wasiu :wave:
just wondering if I’ve understood what you are looking for OK :heart:

Are you looking at ways of encouraging more reserved students to engage, participate, share and use their voice with tools like Scratch? :sparkling_heart:

( DM me if I’ve got the wrong idea on your question, or easier to chat : ) )

@Shauna nice to hear that. Where are you based?

@JayElf thank you for your attempt to understand my request. Yes you got my requisition.

Kindly let me have your suggestions.

You can DM me on +2349053617103 on WhatsApp or telegram.

1 Like

That’s great! : )
Firstly thinking I’d try to ensure they feel in a safe space, where everyone’s ideas and opinions are respected, and find ways for them to work on projects connected to their own interests : ) Connecting to the student’s own passions, encouraging personalisation of their projects, and showing different ways/tools to express themselves, should definitely help engage and encourage them :sparkling_heart:

More reserved students might be less keen on using camera and microphone. Within Scratch at CoderDojo, personally I’ve encouraged them to make silly sounds for sprites, and show use of the sound effects in sounds editor for when recording their voice, as a start. There is the video sensing extension within Scratch itself, and also Scratch Lab has Face Sensing which might encourage use of camera.

Maybe working in small group with others they feel comfortable with, might also help them feel more able to share their own ideas with others, than needing to talk up in a larger group. My friend @OLVL also suggested that maybe they could have roles within a collaborative project, picking whichever role they like the most - such as designing sprite costumes, coming up with a storyline, or recording music for a project.

Also, thinking this could be a great question for you to add as a forum Open Topic @Wasiu, to help you get some more thoughts on this from other educators in this wonderful Community :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi from Ukraine!
It so pleasant to read your “I am a happy kindergarten teacher,”
Your message sounds so kind and warm. Nice to meet you here @Vero :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Hi Beka! It’s pretty inspiring that you originally learned how to program via Scratch! How long did it take you to learn programming with it? And what was the most difficult or challenging concept to learn?

2 Likes

My dear friend in Ukraine, is a pleasure to know about you and what you do, the best thing in the world is when you make things or work in something who put a smile in your face, this is the meaning of happiness. Be happy with you and make happy others.
My love to Ukraine and all the people who lives there.

3 Likes

A big hug from Mexico

1 Like