[Reflection 1] Pick a P

I think passion is something I can relate to. Passion for learning, for doing, for creating… I have found that passion is what has fueled the drive to go after the work that I wanted to pursue, or the hobbies I wanted to embark on, or the projects I have undertaken. I have learned over the years that when I take a class from someone who is passionate about a subject, or taken on a project with someone who is passionate, we can learn so much more, or accomplish so much more than from someone who doesn’t share that excitement.

I have also found that when I share my passion, the people around me become more passionate about learning from me, and it is easier to get ideas across. If I am passionate about a project, I am far more likely to bring it to successful fruition.

3 Likes

Projects, especially when students help on the design.

My P today is P E E R S

I am interested in collaborative learning, creating, leading, teaching, facilitating - and doing this in a way that is supported and sustainable.

My favorite work has been in collaboration, but I find that when budgets, time, and/or energy is tight, collaboration and co-leading projects can be harder to prioritize and/or make happen.

I am curious how to keep co-creativity for myself and for my students at the front of my mind and actions, in sustained ways amidst constraints.

GO PEERS GO !!!

3 Likes

As a preschool teacher my go to is play, you can learn everything while having fun. Since my students are now 4 years old I’m starting to plan a project, while following their interests, to have a more complete experience. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

@MariaG With your wise attitude and 4-year-old student´s natural capability to learn while having fun, I think you will all learn, play and have fun :upside_down_face:. Best of luck! :hugs:

1 Like

La penso come te!! Senza passione tutto è spento, senza colore e sapore in tutti gli ambienti dove si può apprendere.

Play makes me curious because it motivates me to design original activities that inspire learning by doing

1 Like

Me gusta el tema de jugar porque es algo que se ha perdido y me interesaría saber como actuar en el contexto de juego para crear. En teatro dice que en los adultos hay que realizar juegos que sean comunes y recuerden su infancia. Entonces que ideas sobre jugar nos podrían compartir; aparte de usar
scratch
?

If we like what we want we can succeed, so I choose “passion” … today’s students lack passion, they don’t know why they go to school, why they study why they do homework …they don’t have a well-defined objective. that’s why they go to school without desire. passion teach them to search for more information, to read books to browse the web … with passion they can work in groups, with passion they can continue their projects … with passion they can succeed

thinking you’d find lots of ideas here @Make pensando que encontrarías muchas ideas aquí :tada:

1 Like

I am most interested about passion. How can we capitalize on our passions to create, develop, and nurture creativity?

1 Like

I really enjoy to study about peers cause in my profissional and personal activies I am used to do thing on my own and this year, especificly, i am learing that work in groups it’s a good way to see things for other perspective anda find new answers for old questions.

1 Like

A paixão é o fator mais curioso para mim. Ela permite que sejamos persistentes, pacientes e acreditemos com toda força em nosso projeto. Acho que a paixão é o combustível indispensável para todo começo, é a coragem que falta em meio a falta de tempo, em meio às prioridades e todos os contratempos da vida adulta. A paixão é capaz de resistir a todos os imprevistos que envolvem o projeto como, por exemplo, os conflitos em pares e as críticas do compartilhamento. Se somos apaixonados pelo projeto, então aprenderemos a trabalhar em equipe, a respeitar o outro e a ouvir críticas, assumindo que nem tudo aquilo que a gente pensa é o melhor e que tudo pode melhorar.

1 Like

Adoro como você explica isso @profandressa
como você diz, Paixão conduzindo tudo no lugar :sparkling_heart:
Love how you explain this.
as you say, Passion driving everything else into place

1 Like

That’s it!!

1 Like

I’m most interested about Passion. I think we can play and create projects but it’s difficult when we cannot foster Passion in others or understand what motivates others. I would like to be inspiring and to listen others to work with their passions.

1 Like

Play!!!

1 Like

The ‘P’ I am most interested in is PROJECT.
I am excited to see how people put their imagination to this world.

1 Like

Creo que todas las P son muy emocionantes, todas tienen mucho que ofrecer, de todas hay mucho que investigar. Pero considero que la que más me llama la atención es la cuarta, el juego (Play). Es muy interesante cómo debe darse ese proceso que me pueda llevar a tratar con mis estudiantes un tema que generalmente es bastante serio de una forma lúdica y divertida, lo que puede fomentar en gran forma el aprendizaje del tema.

I am particularly interested in PASSION. People learn best when they are passionate about the topic. I want to find ways to tap into people’s passions to better enable their learning experience. Even in my work environment where I am creating learning content for software, I want to find ways to address what people truly need to know and communicate that so that they are motivated to embrace the training.