Makey Makey technical help

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use these arcade buttons and joystick that come with an encoder board

Can anyone please advise how should I connect it to Makey Makey

Many thanks
Sam

1 Like

@SSMJQ Hi Sam, havenā€™t used Makey Makey myself but found this great video on using with Arcade Buttons and Scratch and project guide on their site for DIY Arcade Controller which might help : )
these projects look to use different style Arcade Buttons to the ones in your Raspberry Pi Retro Games kit, so perhaps someone else here can help more with ideas :sparkles: on that, as looks such cool project!

1 Like

I am no help with the specificsā€¦ but I can say that the makey makey is like a keyboard. Iā€™m able to code in Scratch with the blue key sensing block, or when this key pressed yellow hat as well as the makey makey extension hats. It doesnā€™t need a scratch link to work.
Colleen Graves with Makey Makey is super helpful and curious. I think contacting her directly might give you some good answers.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks so much for the reply. I have realised I canā€™t use encoder with it and just used jumper wires to connect with a key, ground and key out on back of board for led light!

1 Like

Oh yes! Colleen is amazing! Thanks hugely @MissMissShelly :heart:

Yay! Awesome! Would love to see more about what you make @SSMJQ : D