LCL

[Wk 3 - Activity] Make Something with Scratch!

A few years ago I saw this project online and customized it a bit, since I am passionate about music and more from the point of view of the DJ, I saw it quite curious and interesting the original version and as I got hooked I saw the theme, I got involved and I made my proposal. A little complicated was to make details of animation to the main character and to the horns so that synchronized with the beat, they had that visual touch. It took time to make the adjustments but the result was great. Try to inspire others with the proposal was what kept me working A few years ago I saw this project online and customize it a bit, since I love music and more from the point of view of the DJ, I saw it quite curious and interesting original version and as I got hooked as soon as I saw the theme, I got involved and made my proposal. A little complicated was to make details of animation to the main character and to the horns so that synchronized with the beat, they had that visual touch. It took time to make the adjustments but the result was great. Trying to inspire others with the proposal was what kept me working on the project …

Hace unos años vi este proyecto en linea y personalizarlo un poco, ya que me apasiona la música y mas desde el punto de vista del DJ, lo vi bastante curioso e interesante la versión original y como me enganche apenas vi la temática, me involucre e hice mi propuesta. Un poco complicado fue hacerle detalles de animación al personaje principal y a las bocinas para que sincronizadas con el beat, tuvieran ese toque visual. tomo su tiempo hacerle los ajustes pero fue buenísimo el resultado. Tratar de inspirar a otros con la propuesta fue lo que me mantuvo trabajando en el proyecto.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hola LCL! Acá subo mi proyecto realizado en Scratch.
Respondo sus preguntas:

Lo que me motivó a realizar este proyecto es que el año que viene me caso.
Para armar esto me llevo una hora y fue un hermoso desafío, el cual me gustó mucho.
Me ayudó a persistir mi entusiasmo por terminarlo y lograr lo que buscaba.

[https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/261196125/]

I did a (kind of) Galton Board in Scratch. I always try to play with the physical aspect of computation in order to explain some concepts to my students and this year I did find out about the Galton Board. Some students did one in the fab lab and it was amazing ! So with this project I try to put back in the computer the physical object in this simulated Galton Board.

In the instructions for this project, I noticed that it said that we were allowed to use something other than Scratch. I have used Scratch for a few years with students and am very excited that Scratch 3 will allow for programming Lego EV3 robots.

For this project, however, I wanted to create something useful that I have been thinking about recently. I work in a MS and a HS, and they each have their own schedule. Plus the MS schedule just changed after the end of the first quarter. So I was having trouble keeping track of period of the school day. A static schedule had been distributed, but I found it cluttered and difficulty to read at a glance.

So instead, I decided to use Google Sheets to see if I could simplify the visual presentation of the schedule and actually make the current period highlighted somehow to make it immediately understood for the viewer.

Here it is. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETwL7ThTFA9GCJJ7vaGyjCVUyq1b-5Mh4Ol7UwOSggU/edit#gid=0

I shared it with the MS admin and they linked it on their intranet, so all MS faculty/staff can utilize it. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. The first challenge I faced was getting the current time to show. Then I had to learn how to determine whether a certain period was within a specific time frame to trigger the highlighting. Once I got it working, however, I noticed that the time was 1 hour off. I am guessing that this is because we have to use a VPN or something due to being in Russia and Google connections sometimes getting blocked. So I figured out how to subtract an hour from the time it was perceiving. I persisted because I was enjoying the learning and the success of creating something useful.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/256462253/ para está actividad utilice las letras de mi nombre y me puse a jugar un rato programandole diferentes comandos a cada una, está misma actividad la compartí con mis alumnos y se entusiamaron mucho, crearon sus nombres, pero además agregaron objetos, cambiaron escenarios y agregaron música y sonidos, y lo compartieron con los demás.

1 Like

El proyecto que les comparto es una Convocatroria de un concurso en Scratch jr, en dónde los alumnos pueden crear una historia, cuento o documental, acerca de la concientización de la mariposa monarca y su migración desde Canadá hasta la reserva de Michoacán en México, es una gran oportunidad para apoyarnos de la Tecnología con proyectos de sustentabilidad, les comparto la convocatoria y uno de los proyectos realizados en la interfaz de scratch jr.

I was made this game for my lesson of 6 grade students in Elementary school.It is too simple game. Because I have to show it for the students as the introduction of “Let’s make your shooting game"project”. When I thought this project as a lesson time,I remembered my hobby in my childhood.
It was Nintendo’s “game”. I’d like to tell about this and " You (student) can make the game by using the scratch as game creator now!"

My passion project was inspired by the dialogue of a book “the little prince”, because the dialogues in this book motivated me in several ways.
Meu projeto sobre paixão foi inspirado no diálogo de um livro “o pequeno principe”, pois os dialogos deste livro me motivaram de varias maneiras.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/282640285/

I was cleaning up our art room and found an old drawing from my daughter so I decided to try and make an interactive story around it. She loves telling stories so I liked the idea of putting animation to the story.
It was fun, but time consuming. Now I can understand how children end up playing for hours on this! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/294757689/

Fiz um programinha no Scratch com comandos bem simples que utilizo com os meus alunos.
É um joguinho onde o tubarão persegue um peixinho.
Verifique o joguinho no link https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/305588474/