LCL

[Wk 1 Reflection] Pick a P!

Hi! The P for Passion is the one that I am particularly curious about right now. May be it can be easy to undersantad. But inside a classroom, where we work with children that are all different and have differente passions of their own. I asked myself, how can a I get to their passion in a Reggio environment, taking into account that the group have 2 years old kids.

Also I would like to share how the information about Froebel impacted me a lot about how he stated the first kindergarden idea into the world. How come this invention has so many years exisiting, and hasnt have any great changes in most countries. Specifically in my own country where 90 porcent of the education program has been the same since the beginning of the century.

Projects, Passion, Peers and Play. these are the corner stones of all learning in its purest forms. I believe that for some of us adults, this learning framework, rings just as true in our adulthood as it did in our childhood. For too long we have polarised learning and performance and for some of us, we have been left behind in the rush of digitisation and economic enterprise. I like the idea of stepping back in time to a purer sense of learning where the journey matters more than the final outcome.

First of all, I think all of 4p is interesting and useful for future learning. They are all connected someway. But if i need to choose one to answer, I think the answer is play.
I think for any type of learner, play-based learning is always the most effective and joyful way to learn. Personally, I would like to provide and develop as many as various play-based learning for my young learners to help them enjoy positive and active learning experiences,

Then I must be truly old… In fact, part of me being here is about rediscovering how to play! I’ve never realized how important this is and how far this was from me, until I became a mother…
So yes, my P is also “play

Oh my God what a goldmine! I’m loving Lockhart’s text… :heart: I barely started reading the actual math section, but I’m a musician and just the first page was too much! :joy: This pure delirium is sadly not far from reality sometimes. I’ve seen teenagers being tortured at school with Greek Modes & Medieval Theory of Music (not kidding) in a music class where they (of course) never actually saw a musical instrument. And it’s not just music, of course. My younger sister had to do written tests on sports (say basketball, with its rules & common tactics & so on) without barely knowing what to do with the ball… :basketball::basketball::basketball:

My thoughts exactly!

I pick Play.
Learning that it’s ok to take a risk and try new things is something we need to bring back to the classroom. And with play, collaboration occurs bringing in peers and passions are shared while working towards a particular project. :slight_smile: Play unites them all!

Play!

I believe that passion is very important when building or working on something but one can lose interest quickly if there is not a lot of room for play. Letting yourself experiment, fail at something then rebuild it helps in keeping you interested.

Hi,

PLAY.
Very clearly. As I shared in the Childhood-Object-Session it re-entered my life recently. But it is more than that: I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and I learn so much from her. Especially when I can watch her play or we play together and she constantly questions (literally) everything and keeps breaking “rules”…

I also observe what is (sadly) described in Mitchel Redneck’s book. I must say, that the public kindergarten in my home country is (as far as I can tell from my own experience) quite aware of the changes and overall people do a great job keeping up the “original” spirit… but it’s getting surely harder to do so… I want to actively work on my kid’s future in education also.

Another sphere where interest in PLAY comes from is my work in higher education. I see how much we have (strategically) unlearned to embrace PLAY as a learning mode every day. When I do “Speculative Design Workshops” or “Design Thinking” the hardest and most time consuming part is to get rid of all the framework that stops us from playing around with ideas.

Next would be PEERS, then PASSION, then PROJECTS.

Best, Thomas

Thanks, I didn’t know him!

Buen día, con respecto a la pregunta:
¿Cuál de los elementos del Aprendizaje Creativo (Proyectos, Pasión, Pares y Juego) le da más curiosidad o le entusiasma más y por qué?

Pienso que que son Pasión y Juego, porque ambas van de la mano, cuando se tiene gran pasión por realizar algo como docente, esto se lo transmite a los niños por medio de los juegos, para luego que esto se convierta en un proyecto y a la vez les permite colaborarsen entre compañeros. Esto es lo más visible que se nota en una aula de clase o laboratorios. Nuestra pasión por hacer y realizar las cosas de manera didáctica, es decir, a través de los juegos hacen que entre un grupo participen, hasta el más reacio a este tipo de actividades lúdicas, permite en ellos la participación e integración de sus grandes habilidades, destrezas, fortalezas, debilidades, que a otros les ayuda incluso a colaborarles y enseñarles como se puede hacer, la creatividad se deduce en cada uno para podersen colaborar entre compañeros.

Four really great words, but of all of them I choose ‘Play’.

My greatest inspiration as regards ‘play’ besides my father and my 2 children was Bernie De Koven who sadly and only recently passed away. His wonderful website serves as a fantastic tribute to all that he taught me about play.

I believe that each and every learning moment has the opportunity for play and furthermore, I feel that we as adults (never mind as children) get little or no time to experience this. We simply do not play enough.

I have recently returned to a former hobby which is experiencing something of a renaissance: tabletop gaming. I particularly like the ‘in vogue’ genre of collaborative board games like Pandemic. These types of games have enabled me to interact with friends and to learn from them as together we try to solve complex problems - in the case of Pandemic, we try to eradicate deadly disease from the planet.

• Play
  • But how can I play in a way that’s sustainable?
  • I’m passionate about many things. I would love to do one self-initiated project after another. I would love to share my projects. I would love to keep playing but how can I play in a way that’s sustainable?

Peers!

I think the chemistry of human interaction is the science behind creativity. I am interested on how to spark creative thinking from collaborative environments and how to use a constructive approach to creation by strengthening our bonds with others (teachers, teammates, project stakeholders, etc.).

I really want to promote PLAY in my school. We are quite academic(nothing wrong with that), but I don’t find students enjoying themselves and getting to create and explore as much as I wish. My own sons have experienced less and less fun as they move through school. While this is often common in schools, I really believe and agree with @MitchelResnick that creativity is essential for solving the problems the world is and will face. We don’t need A students, we need X students. Play is the element that can make this happen.

La parola che più mi incuriosisce è “play” perché con il gioco le persone possono sperimentare e scoprire tante nozioni. Con il gioco, i bambini possono scoprire cose nuove del proprio corpo e del mondo, relazionandosi con gli altri bambini. Con il gioco possono individuare abilità per la vita futura, e può anche aiutare a creare l’identità di una persona, specialmente quando si tratta dei bambini. Delle caratteristiche principali del gioco sono la creatività, lealtà, divertirsi sempre e non screditare le persone per essere migliore degli altri.

O meu P é de paixão (Passion).
Para mim todos são importantes, desempenham a sua função e fazem parte de um estrutura mais abrangente.
Acredito que uma ideia triunfante tem por de trás um criador apaixonado (ainda que por vezes inconscientemente), só dessa forma poderá brincar (Play) com ela; desenvolver projetos (Project) com essa ideia; e partilhar procurando ideias que a façam evoluir (Peers).
Nas crianças, a paixão surge em modo de brincadeira, pelo que o P de “Play” é fundamental no processo de criar.

image_passion

"P" for Passion!!
Among the 4P’s I’m specifically excited about “PASSION”. I’ve asked myself several times - what makes me a part of this LCL course and community? Yes, it’s nothing but my “Passion”!! Ultimately, passion is the driving force behind our all works, success and happiness that allows us all to live a meaningful and better lives.

Passion!
I think passion drives and motivates the other Ps. In my opinion it is the most important of the 4P’s.

Passion and Play are a tie for me. This week I took my first Bridge lesson and I loved the play part, but now I have developed through play a pure passion that makes me want to practice and play some more.