LCL

[Week 1 Reflection] Pick a P!

Play is the P that I am most excited to learn about. Learning through play is one of my favorite aspects of Early Childhood education, so I’m looking forward to discovering the LCL’s perspective of play and relating the concepts to the classroom!

I am excited to learn more about Play. Learning is suppose to be fun but effective. So it would be great to learn ways and gain new ideas on how we can combine the two: effectiveness and play. (Or can all play be effective?)

I think that Play is the “P” that resonates with me most. I am a college student studying Early Childhood Education and have been in a variety of settings in which I can see the authenticity of play in context. I think it is important for children to be able to play and explore as they wish, and see the learning opportunities it has when facilitated often.

I like the briefly short terms of 4P’s to help me remember the core values of creative learning. At first, how do we get into a creative point is to have the ideas. The ideas are shown by the project we are making. Sometimes, we do not know how the project will end up to be, but we are creating things in the process. This is the personal moment to discover self-interests! I am excited about projects that need to be down by peers, it requires communication and brainstorming of ideas that can be shared and collect together to make things new! During this process, I believe that a person’s passion can motivate others and peers will have fun together to build a project that point to the purpose of play—enjoyment of process for achieverment, relationship and creativity.

That’s awesome Anna! Play is such an important aspect… especially at a facility like Little Light House!

Hmmm… if I had to pick a P I would pick play! I think that play is such an important aspect of a child’s development. I think also of children who are learning English. Play, movements and interactions tied to second language acquisition is such an important concept when teaching ELLs English.

Same here! I believe that passion need motivations and teachers should make the project fun and playful to motivate students’ interests and nurture them with care and love when they are in needs with problems. Teaching them tools and strategy of thinking are also essential.

Thanks, Taylor! I agree. It definitely is!

I agree with this. Passion is so important because it helps me stay motivated. I too believe that passion is the center for teaching, learning and doing something.

That’ my P too…

unpinned #732

I love the Lifelong Kindergarten idea!!! Which makes me excited about the play in the 4P’s. I have always been a very shy person, but love getting involved in fun things with other people. I can’t wait to see where this is going to lead.

I chose Passion. Today, it is vital that students find purpose and meaning in what they are doing. Many individuals complain about how painful or stressful were there school days. As a future educator, I need to teach and encourage passion in every subject. Passion drives our actions and decisions. Moreover, the level of passion we carry will transfer into our classrooms as well. Let us motivate students and convince them that school rocks! It does not have to be a burden rather a fun, constructive environment where ideas, talent, and potential can flourish.

Peers. I’ve heard so much on the importance of independent play for children, so curious how the peer aspect fits in.

Escolho o Play porque na sala de recursos e na prática psicopedagógica há o desconforto do fracasso escolar e o jogo ,a criatividade e motivação desta estratégia realiza milagres diante da alegria da diversão. Paixão eu tenho por ensinar e é preciso transmití-la aos alunos.

I have a couple of lemon suckers who can just diminish the joy with a few well placed negative declarations… and other kids who just mess around as soon as I am engaged with someone who needs support.
I love projects as a learning tool and have tried leaving student choice as to subject of project, which makes it a bit nuts to manage, especially when they chose for percieved popularity and appearance rather than genuine interest. All that said, Buck Institute has some great resources for Project based learning.
One thing I recall from highschool (30years ago…) was my English teacher letting me do a self-directed study while the rest of the class was doing a guided novel study, and again in Uni our lit proff allowing us to chose medium and project to respond to a text. I dearly loved both projects and was so grateful for the opportunity to pursue my own interests. That said, I was a keen student and not a rabble rouser though I did have to leave the class for a couple of minutes when I got the giggles a couple of times. Definitely a different kind of student than the ones I teach now.

Your reflection prods me to question what is play? Just as Gardner dug into multiple intelligences, I bet some one has dug into multiple modes and types of play. I wonder too if our brain wave patterns are different in different modes… or than other states of engagement.

Even though all 4 P’s are important I’m really curious to learn and think about Peers because many times it’s a challenge to accept different opinions and ways to do the things.