LCL

[Week 1 Reflection] Pick a P!

Passion is what I’m particualy interested of the 4P’s. I always wondered why we like the things we like, because I always beign a person with a lot of different and diverse interests. I think the start of all these is the passion, so if anyone agree or disagree about this, reply, let’s share ideas!

I do agree with projects and play, and I also find it diffcult some times to let the students create a project that can gather the contents to teach and the fun of a self invention.

Projects are the best for me!
When I was a child and we had to build tables and chairs with nothing more than tree branches, rope and patience we whold use our imagination and team work to take the best in each one and to deal with each other’s limitations.

Project and Play for me. Project because it is nice to complete something and it gives a sense of fulfillness. Play becaust through Play learning is fun and effective. In my daily job I am always in inner Play mode, even when the situation calls for a non playful scenario.

I love to Play and I love to share with Peers. But definitely Projects and Passion are the two Ps that drive my life!

I know that there is a lot of latent Passion, started by interesting Projects. But Peers… Ah, Peers!
The sharing of impressions and ideas, colleagues stimulus and even that technical aid where your healthly daydreams took you to a “dead end” are very powerfull tools to me.

Hello
Well to be honest I am Curious about all the 4 P’s, all of them have their hidden treasures.
If I were to select ono of them I would select Peers. In the last years of my teaching I have been wandering how to build effective groups in my classes, ¿what is the best way to create groups of peers for collaboration? (diversity, uniformity)¿ what is the best way to motivate them?
What type of projects are adequate ? How to assess them? How to generate pasion in them.

In clasrooms of tradition al education (I teach math at University level ) today this is a challenge
I hope to learn in this course about these important aspects of education

Good bye!!!

P… PEERS! I think that starting to collaborate with others allows to play and to project with passion while doing things together.

PASSION!!!
That’s the P that I’m excited about. I believe that passion has the power to make you do unexpected things. And, as an educator, I love when my students are passionate about topics or ways of learning certain topics: for example, if their passion is drawing, I could have them learn about science topics by drawing. Even better, when I introduce a brand new concept in Math and I see they show some passion in that topic, learning, and teaching, becomes so much easier and pleasant.

I think, play is important for learning because to knowledge it develops creative and innovation.
Playing is important for all ages. I teach for children and teenagers.

I am most curious about Passion (secondly Peers). Working with students around 8 and up I see a tendency to want to “get it right” which sabotages freedom for passion to take root. Creating open-ended projects or tasks is the goal, but often when watching their Peers, many students (especially as they get older) have a tendency to fear failure and have a hard time letting go and “playing.”

I’m most interested in Play. Who doesn’t want to play? The word itself is an abstraction of sorts for all those things we want to do. It means freedom, fun, and feelings. I wish I could integrate play into the courses I teach.

I am most interested in Passion because I personally feel that you need to be passionate about what you are working on, learning and doing in your life for it to have the most meaning. I wonder how this will be approached and if I will agree.

The P that caught my attention the most is passion. More and more I realize that, both as an apprentice and as an experienced one, passion and interest are fundamental to learning. and also for the creation process. We learn what interests us, what we are passionate about. And this same realization holds true for creation, we create what interests us, what we are passionate about.

I was very lucky to have attended ScratchBDX2017 this summer and was blown away by Mitch’s message. I’m particularly interested in Peers because I feel that in the educational work we do with Scratch at Rueil Digital and in my immediate area the emphasis on reaching out and becoming a part of the global Scratch community is lacking. Play is a strong contender because I feel most of the initiatives in my area are designed around learning paths and such without giving kid’s playing needs sufficient attention.

I am actually interested in seeing how the four ideas play out together when thinking of creating learning opportunities for early childhood educators and the links in this to our provincial pedagogical document,I see many parallels and am excited to learn more.

I am also an early childhood educator and play drives the passion of my students. Through play, they find what they are passionate about and sometimes new passions they were unaware of. The more I can find ways to make learning seem more like play, the more passionate about they are, so “Play” gets my vote as well.

I’m more curious about “play” because I like very much to teach by games.

I’m really excited about Passion. I think kids are too often discouraged about things that really excited them and make them curious, because adults don’t think that it will end up going anywhere, or the kid becomes distracted or “unfocused” at school and so they try to direct their attention by removing what the kid is really interested in. That’s why I think passion is so important and why it needs to be encouraged within kids. You can incorporate all the other Ps within the idea of Passion, and build off of it. I wish that I had been more encouraged with my passion as a child, because I don’t think I would have gone on the path that I did in school. I love where I ended up and where my life is taking me, but I think I would have gotten here quicker and in less debt if I had been properly encouraged about my passions in my young life.

PLAY!

I love that this is explicitly mentioned in the creative learning spiral, and I’ve enjoyed thinking about its many meanings within traditional disciplines of high school.