LCL

Resilience in Learning

How do we as educators promote resilience in our young people?

Hi @Mike_Carter.
Can you tell me a bit more about the resilience you would like to see?

Hi!
I believe that examples are great for this. There are many real life stories, texts, even animations, about kids, teens and adults that explain this value. The best way is that they feel identificated with even one little thing, and suddenly something lights on them , they learn and start thinking how to identify the values and using them in their everyday life.
:slight_smile:
Zaira Grostieta

Children not giving up because something is too hard or expecting a teacher or adult to do it for them?

Children not giving up because something is too hard or expecting a teacher or adult to do it for them?

I think as adults if we lead by example and show kids how we get over challenges and the tools we use to accomplish this along the way. If we bring them on the journey we are having then it shows them that it is OK to make mistakes, try something and have it not work, analyse what happened and try again.
Kids learn by example. Unfortunately in the current education system most teachers don’t show the process of learning they go through when they don’t know something. They either already know the answer or go away and come back with the answer.

Los niños tienen la capacidad de reponerse a las adversidades de una manera sorprendente, la resiliencia nos cuesta más trabajo a los adultos, por lo cual implica un reto enseñar y promoverla