LCL

Intro to Creative Learning Video by Mitch Resnick - comments

This is Ben Breaux speaking (as transcribed by his mom, therefore all caps. He asked that a photo of him responding using a laminate letter board be included)

“I REALLY RELATED TO WHAT HE HAD TO SAY REGARDING MODES OF LEARNING REALLY NEEDING TO BE MORE INTERACTIVE TO BE BENEFICIAL TO ALL TYPES OF LEARNERS. I LEARN BEST WHEN OTHERS ARE INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS, ALL HAVING INPUT ALONG THE WAY. I AM NOT SURE WHETHER THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH BEING A NON-SPEAKING AUTISTIC OR NOT.”

Hi Ben! Hi Ben’s Mom! I’m looking forward to learning with you and interacting with you. See you soon! ~Amy

Hey Ben!.. I second your thoughts on this…
I discovered my love to learning as soon as I went to college, and started all of these lab exercises… I never understood what ‘gravity acceleration’ is until we did the lab, and I witnessed an object being dropped and measured its acceleration…

But even that, … I don’t think learning is about being interactive… rather it is about being ‘meaningful’ … Am interested to know though what made sign up for this class… and how do you go about keeping up… I find it difficult myself to keep up…

Enjoy!

Hi Ben. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I definitely agree that we learn best “when others are involved in the process.” That’s one of the reasons our team at MIT is organizing the Learning Creative Learning course and community. We’re hoping to learn from all of the people participating in LCL – and we hope that all of you learn a lot from one another. Thanks for joining!

Hi Ben and mum. What an amazing opportunity to learn and share with you. I work in an International School in Brazil and here we believe that all learners are unique and that each of them should have the opportunity to have their learning path facilitated by us (educators). I am very honoured to have someone like you in this Community. I’m sure a l’ll learn a lot from you. Thank you for sharing your perspective.
Regards,
Ale

HI ALE,

THANKS FOR WRITING. YOUR SCHOOL SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME PLACE. THEY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE OPEN MINDED EDUCATORS LIKE YOU.

BEN

Hi Ben,
Learning and working with others offers a different perspective. It also helps learners think out of the box and change the way they usually do things. The quality of the work is usually much better as well.

Hello you Ben and mum!
I am Chiara! I am a Neuroscientist and I have worked for a while in Sydney with many autistic children …your post makes me feel really happy to see how the right instruments can be helpful to share feelings and ideas!:slight_smile: Many other families can

Many other families can take an example from you!

Thank you a lot!
Talk to you soon!

Chiara

OI Ben!
É claro que tem sentido com a autonomia e criatividade! A comunicação não verbal é apenas um detalhe e as alternativas eficientes que você usa para dizer ao mundo o que quer e o que sente é é o mais importante!