LCL

[ARCHIVED: Round 1] Introduce Yourself

Hi guys! All right? Hope so!
I’m Carol Coordinator at the Innovation Hub at UFRJ; biohacker; Organizer of TEDxUFRJ 2018; graduate in biomedicine; environmental technology; mentor does not take beta, beta scientist.

Hello everyone, my name is Al. I’m an educator with a passion for creativity and design. I look forward to learning new ways to inspire students to use creativity with no limitations.

Hello! I’m a designer and home-school educator. I am looking forward to learning new, creative ways to enhance our schooling.

Stefan with family from Munich, Germany

I have two little kids, Linda 7 and Florian 5 and I try to let them experience the digital world more creatively than consuming. So they programming ‘Scratch Jr’ by themselves and will get a ‘Calliope mini’ as a present soon. Sometimes we make light painting events as a family.

If you are like-minded, we would like to get in contact to possibly meet and do something together.

Greets, Stefan

Hello! I’m Allison Conrady. I am an Assistant Preschool Teacher at GMU’s Child Development Center. I look forward to seeing what this course has to offer, and learning together with all of you!

Hi, Carmelo. Thank you for opening such a wonderful course. I am a software engineer and a mother of three and five years old kids. I hope my kids to use technology and do lots of creative things, but I don’t know how. I’d like to think deeply about it here.

Hi! I’m Ethan. I am in fifth grade. I know this is more for adults but my mom thought it was for kids and signed me up. Anyway I love reading and learning and go to Bellmoore Elementary School (go bulldogs go!) and that’s all I have to say about myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi I am Reza

I have missed 4 weeks. So I need time to catch up hehe

I was an IT teacher for mid-senior Grad. By using Scratch, kids tend to be more creative and self-explored the tasks given.

It’s better than teach them javascript directly to get a foot on web development

I’m so glad to be here! I love the creative learning spiral because of its adaptability, and because the language is so inviting. After my friend Nick Giacobbe introduced me to “hard fun” in the tradition of Seymour Papert, Mitchel Resnick, and Karen Brennan, I started playing with the creative learning spiral in instructional coaching, in teaching, and in various school design projects. I am in my first years as Academic Dean at Bishop McNamara High School in Forestville, Maryland, right outside Washington, D.C.

Hello LCL! How I have missed you. :slight_smile: I’m here out of personal interest in creative online spaces and experiences. I’ve been lucky to participate in some great mixed-age communities, including those of Nintendo and Maker Camp. There is a definite collective energy and overall sense of well-being when communities engage in ongoing creation together. I fear these kinds of collaborative experiences have become a bit harder to discover on the Internet. So, I am certainly happy to see a revived LCL. :smiley: I was part of the spring 2014 cohort and it was a great experience.

I’m mostly posting to say hello and to express how great it is to see so many people signed up for 2017. I hope some of my old friends are here. @James_B? – No, no hit in the user list. Well, if you find this when the class is long over, as I nearly did, hi there! :slight_smile: Also hello in the distance to Grif. I hope you are experimenting with new and exciting mustard recipes. And @Jaleesa! It makes me very happy to see that you are now part of Team LLK. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, my name is Yuan, currently a facilitator in a company and I based in Beijing, China. Looking forward to working with with you. Thanks!

Hey Tanvi,

Really interested in what you are doing, especially around education technology in rural areas and libraries for enhanced learning.Would like to know know more about it and will also check out CLIx project.

Eager to hear from you!

Yeah, I was actually trying to figure out how to make a wooden cask but it is difficult. I have a friend who works in (food grade) steel. So, steel it is. Let the experiments begin :slight_smile:

Greetings. I’m a little late to the show, but happy to have stumbled on it! I’m Ryan Harwood a tech coach at Lincoln Community School in Accra, Ghana. I’m always looking for new resources and ideas that will help me improve learning in our classrooms. I’m excited to explore the course.

Hi all,
I’m trying to hold out. I’m Paula Vaskuri from Oulu, Finland, and I work for teacher in’service training and developing projects region and nation wide. I’m looking for new ideas and fresh points of view.

Hello everyone, I am a pedagogical consultant for early years educators and programs. I am excited to try out this learning platforms and I am very interested in learning more about creating learning environments.

Hi Everyone,

I’m a tech coach in the Cupertino school district in California. I’m excited to learn more about different ways to inject creativity and choice into learner focussed classrooms.

Hi. My name is Rick Campbell and I am a technology coordinator assisting teachers in the elementary school at Francis Parker School in San Diego. Aside from helping teachers integrate technology into their curriculum, I teach technology using the Design Thinking model from Stanford’s d.school to students in grades 3-5. I have been interested in the Media Lab, Lifelong Kindergarten and Project Zero for years. I’m looking forward to learning about new ways to engage and empower my students and teachers as they grapple with new challenges.

Hi Everyone,

I am Sam Hand. I work as an operations manager for a children’s museum. One of my greater challenges is finding ways to teach my staff (90% university students) about working in a hands-on, STEAM focused, inquiry based, non traditional educational environment. I want them to be able to walk-the-talk and have fun doing it! I am looking forward to reading and learning more about other programs, ideas and creative approaches.

Hi everybody! I am a home-schooler from Lakeland Florida (in the USA, just in case their are other Lakelands ) I’m looking forward to learning more and more about how LCL works.
I’m pretty sure I’m going to really like it because it is apparently based on Scratch and I LOVE Scratch!!!